Social Media and Video 1
Please ensure you catch up on Week 1’s learning materials before engaging with the content below…
- Study Notes 2
- Podcast: Stepping You Through the Unit: Connecting
- Video: How NOT to Spam the Unit Hashtag (thanks to Emily Wade!)
- Blog: Being on Camera
- Podcast: Social Media Stories, Episode 12
- Blog (optional): Giving Control and Taking Control
- Online Exercise Instructions (please download from CloudDeakin)
- #ALC701 unit hashtag
You are strongly encouraged to keep up-to-date with unit content on a weekly basis, though the comprehensive Master List of Unit Resources will help if you ever get behind.
If you would like to download this week’s Social Media Stories podcast for more convenient listening, you can find it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or a range of Android apps.
Getting Practical Challenge
Draft a plan for a 2-3 minute video in which you introduce yourself (see Study Notes 2 for details).
Experiment with filming yourself speaking to camera, keeping in mind video-making strategies such as camerawork, lighting, framing, and composition.
Don’t forget to check out the #ALC701 hashtag!!